Friday, December 12, 2008

Birthday BuZz!

There are times in your life that everything comes together in a harmonious chime. This rarely, if ever, happens on My Birthday. I usually have unrealistic expectations of what should happen and when. I usually am too _______ (fill in your favorite exhasperation) from the beginning of the hussel and bussel of December and to top it off I want to be celebrated too: I want Amazing. I want new shoes, a pretty shirt and my hair to behave-- its an attitude of put together that isn't with me the rest of the year but I desperately aspire to, on the one day of the year that I think mostly about me and what I want-- my Birthday!
The paradox of the day is that it becomes painfully obvious to me all the things that I am not. I guess the beauty of this Birthday is that it was full of ALL the things that I am, and the melody was not in disharmony with my new image of myself. Let me give you a quick run down:
I love bright color on my toes-- they are fiesta purple
I love good food with friends-- a few of my friends suprised me with lunch at Macaroni Grill.
I love conversations that have you holding your sides and face from laughing: the conversation was so lively, it had me giggling for days.
my own dear family: we went ice skating at Seven Peaks with my Brother's work party, it was so much fun and for only my second time I did pretty good. (I didn't fall once)
I wore a new purple shirt, that is totally me
I had my hair cut the day before which made me feel great.
And although this is wierd it is part of a fantastic day-- earlier that week I had me teeth cleaned. I know this about myself now. I like freshly polished teeth.
Lastly, really its nice to be validated as a person, why it needs to be on my Birthday another chat with the psychiatrist. I am so grateful for the people in my life who like me, and are my friends. I am so grateful for my husband who is more talented and geniunine, and calls me Beautiful. Which at first grated my nerves and now is like the purr of a content kitten.

No comments: